Funding Eligibility Criteria
Making an Application
Any person who is a member of BERT and meets the following BERT Training Fund eligibility criteria can apply for a training subsidy for construction related training courses.
- The course cost must be paid by the applicant or the employer prior to commencement;
- A separate application form must be completed for each course to be funded;
- Generally, only accredited training delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) will be eligible for a training grant. If in doubt; contact the BTF office or submit an application form;
- The amount of funding that will be approved will be limited to the total funds held in the applicant’s BERT account for the previous 12 months;
- Training grants are limited to a total of $1,500.00 per course;
- No funding is provided for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment or inductions;
- You can seek funding for up to three (3) training activities over a 12 month period, provided that the funding for the first two grants was below $1,500.00;
- Reimbursement by BTF is only made after the training is completed and the following documentation is provided:
- A copy of the paid receipt from the RTO that delivered the training;
- A copy of the training results (Statement of Attainment or Qualification);
- A copy of your Separation Certificate (if applicable);
- A copy of your bank statement clearly displaying the name of the bank, the account name and the BSB and account numbers.
- Payment is made direct to the nominated bank account within 10 days of receipt of the required documentation;
- Grants remain valid for a period of 3 months and will automatically lapse if no contact is made with BTF. Grants for higher level courses, such as Certificate IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma remain open for a longer duration.
BTF will not generally reimburse the full cost of training. It is important to know how much will be reimbursed before you commit to the training. Applications are formally notified of the level of support BTF can provide (via mail, email or text).
NOTE: The above funding criteria is subject to change.
Approval of Applications
BTF processes applications continuously. Applicants will receive written confirmation of approval of their grant/s and the amount to be funded within ten working days of the grant being lodged. We recommend applicants wait until written confirmation has been received before committing to pay for a course.